One-to-one Appointments with a WSC Writing Advisor
Our writing advisors will provide useful and informed feedback whatever your stage in the writing process. We can help you get started, work on a thesis statement, build an outline, critique a draft, focus on stylistic and structural issues, discuss integrating sources, and much more. Our friendly writing advisors can help you with all types of writing assignments across all disciplines. You can bring in your essays, lab reports, letters of intent, C.V.s, reviews, research proposals, thesis or dissertation or just come for a brainstorming session.
We offer free one-to-one sessions to all members of Western's community. Undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty, and staff members all use our services.
*NEW!* Book your appointments ONLINE. Here's how:
- Click on the "ONE-TO-ONE APPOINTMENTS" button below
- Select the purple "Book an Appointment" button
- Choose "Writing Support Centre Appointments" from the drop-down menu
- Select "View Calendar"
- Choose an Open time slot from the calendar and confirm your appointment. If you do not see any open appointments we are fully booked. Check back for cancellations or book ahead.
High Demand Times, Cancellations, No-Show Policy
- Appointments are in high demand, especially during November and March. Make your appointment well in advance to secure your place.
- To cancel an appointment, login, 'view' your appointment from your Dashboard, and select cancel, so your time slot can be made available for another student. Thanks!
- If you just fail to show up for your appointment you are considered a No-Show. This will affect your ability to make future appointments. After two No-Shows, students will not be able to book an appointment until the following term.
- Note that we do not accept bookings via email. Follow the above instructions.
- Students are allowed one writing session with an advisor per day: either a drop-in session at Weldon Library, or a booked appointment at our main centre in Western Student Services Building, room 4100.
Appointment Hours and Location
- Monday to Friday, 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Check-in at the Writing Support Centre kiosk in reception, Western Student Services Building, Room 4100.
Check out our 1 Minute Video FAQ:
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.